SEND THESE ARTICLES TO YOUR U.S. SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES
NOTE: Please be 100% polite and courteous if you don’t want your emails to be classified and dismissed right off the bat as “hate mail.”
To find and contact your U.S. Senators
- Visit the Senate website (www.senate.gov).
- Click on the first tab ‘SENATORS’ in the top menu, then click on ‘Contact.’ Select your state only from the dropdown, leaving all other fields blank. This will let you see all senators for your state and their names and photos.
- For the emails of your senators, click on their names to see their websites whose menus include contact forms.
To find and contact your U.S. Representatives
- Visit the House of Representatives website (www.house.gov).
- Here, you must first find your own district’s representative because the websites of other districts’ representatives will not let you email them. To identify your representative, conduct a search using the Find Your Representative zip code search box in the upper right hand corner of the page header. This is the tiny red labeled box saying ‘LOOK UP’ to the left of the small map icon. Put in your 4 digit zip code and click Enter.
- In the event your zip code overlaps with multiple congressional districts, the results page may include boxes for you to enter your zip code+4 or mailing address to find the correct Representative. You can find your +4 zip code here by putting in your exact address after clicking ‘Find by Address’.
- Once you do the above, you’ll see a photo of your Representative(s). Under the photo(s), you’ll find links to the representative(s) personal websites and contact forms.
- If you’d prefer to phone your representative, please see this directory of all US representatives searchable by state and last name.
Would you rather get in touch with members of Congress using social media?
Using the steps above, navigate to the Congress members’ personal websites to find links to their social media accounts, usually indicated by the icon of the social media platform and often located in the upper or lower left or right corners of the website homepage.